We will update this information as necessary and as information is passed along to us. At this time, we are working to honor the advice and suggestions of government officials and disease experts within our community. At this time, our plans are as follows:
- We are currently having hybrid services every Sunday at 9:30 AM Eastern. You may worship with us in one of the following ways:
- Worship is being held in our parking lot on the western side of the building. Ushers will be on hand to help you park.
- You may exit your vehicles to sit in the shade. Bring your own lawn chairs. Please continue to observe social distancing. Masks are not required.
- Services are being transmitted through the parking lot on an FM frequency. The nearest parking spots are reserved for those who do not wish to get out of their cars. Please let one of the ushers know. Look for the sign with the FM frequency (subject to change.)
- The sanctuary is open for those who wish to come inside. A video feed of the outside service is being broadcast into the sanctuary. We also have live musicians to help lead you in worship. Childcare is not available. Masks are not required but are encouraged while inside.
- Worship will also be live streamed each week on YouTube here. We are streaming regardless of location or weather. Please click on the link and subscribe to the Malvern Hill YouTube page. Click the bell beside the subscribe button to enable notifications and you will be notified when we go live.
- FOR WET WEATHER: Live worship will happen in our sanctuary. The gym will be open as a second location with a live feed broadcast onto a screen. Live musicians will be in the gym to help with worship. All efforts will be made to evenly divide attenders between the gym and sanctuary. Please observe social distancing. Masks are not required but are encouraged. Further instructions will be given through email and social media if necessary. Live streaming on YouTube will also be available for those who choose to stay home. Childcare will not be available.
- In addition to the weekly parking lot service, regular videos are being uploaded to our YouTube, such as a Wednesday Bible study and weekly Gen180 Bible studies. Pastor Craig and Pastor Keven are providing additional discipleship content via podcast.
- We will communicate through social Media and email primarily. Our fastest communication means is through social media. Click HERE to get connected.
- LifeGroups are communicating and connecting in various ways. Contact your LifeGroup leader if you have questions. If you are not connected with a LifeGroup, email pastor Keven Newsome at email@example.com.
- All senior adults, persons with compromised immunity, and anyone showing any symptoms are urged to stay at home. Remember, prudence during these days is wise. Staying home from worship to protect yourself or others is not a sin. Everyone attending worship is urged to practice proper precautions including personal distancing and no handshaking, high-fiveing, or hugging.
- All church activities other than the weekly parking lot service are suspended until further notice.
- Please remember that the church still has to pay bills even when we cannot meet. Consider tithing through our online giving platform here. You can also mail your checks to the church: Malvern Hill Baptist Church, 1514 Malvern Hill Drive, Camden, SC 29020.
- We urge all of Malvern Hill to remember that we continue to be the church even when we can't meet. Please be vigilant to pray for one another and our world. Call and check in on each other. Call, text, and email. Inform your deacons, LifeGroup leaders, and pastors about prayer concerns and needs. If you have needs, please do not hesitate to make them known. Christians have always been the first people on the front lines of tragedy and disaster, this is no different. Be the church even when you can't gather with your church.
During these days of uncertainty, I urge you all not to panic nor to live in fear. As followers of Christ, we are called to live life without fear. Writing to Timothy, Paul reminds all of us, "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control" (2 Timothy 1:7). To his disciples Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid" (John 14:27). And, in Isaiah 43:1 we are encouraged, "But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine."
In this world, there will be trouble--there is trouble--but these troubled times create opportunities for Christian witness. When the world responds in fear, Christians should be the first people to respond in faith. We know the God who is in control. He is not surprised by viruses or natural disasters. In all of these things, Christians have a confidence that God is working them out for good for all who love him and are called according to his purpose.
Join with me in praying that this worldwide pandemic will open the eyes of many to their need for a savior and will result in many people coming to Christ.