In 1931, residents of the Malvern Hill area had a vision for starting a Baptist Church in the community. Through the donations of property given by Mr. Moultire and Mr. Julian Burns, a small group of 38 charter members began Malvern Hill Baptist Church on October 19, 1931.
Over the years, the church out grew its small one-room building that had been built in 1885 and in 1950, renovations began to expand the building. A number of expansions and additions to the physical building have taken place resulting in the children's building, gym, and fellowship hall that stand today.
In January of 2016, we began a campaign to expand our sanctuary, build a new children's worship facility, and renovate existing education space. On December 4, 2016, we moved into our newly remodeled sanctuary. Since that time, God has continued to bless our church. In the Summer of 2021, the church began to move forward with a ReFocus Vision team to evaluate future ministry direction and facility needs.
We often say that a church is not a building...it is a family. Over the past eight decades as a church family, we have sought to be a community that makes a positive difference in the world around us through the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We pray that we will continue to be a church that loves God, loves one another, and seeks to change the world.